Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Weekly Meal Plan Aug 26-Sept 1

Hello!  I hope you are all having a great weekend so far!  Weekends mean meal planning around here.  I am not 100% perfect at meal planning, but I find it absolutely necessary for me to stay organized and a bit more stress free during the week.  Having a meal plan helps me shop for my groceries needed for the week, keeps me from racking my brain at 5 pm wondering what we will have, and helps us from caving and getting take out. 

I do not live in a large town, so take out consists of driving 20+ miles, or calling in an order at one of out three "greasy spoons".  Neither of them seem very appealing to me.  My husband and I do go out to eat about once a week.  I really do like having one night off where we can just relax and someone else can do the dishes.  And in being completely truthful...we don't eat dinner at restaurants very often.  We really like grabbing a late lunch and then in the evening we will either have popcorn, or fruit salad.  We like to live on the edge around here. ;) 

If you want to save money, help your waste line, and save time...stick around and meal plan with me!  Here is what we will be dining on this week...

Sunday: Boyscout casserole, watermelon
Monday: Roast, cabbage, carrots, watermelon
Tuesday: Grilled burgers, sweet corn, sweet potato fries, watermelon
Wednesday: Beef stirfy over noodles (using left over roast), watermelon (can you tell I bought a huge watermelon!?)
Thursday: Brats, sweet corn, fresh green beans
Friday: Grilled chicken breast (possibly), quinoa, steamed cauliflower and broccoli
Saturday: ????


*Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment