Monday, October 1, 2012

DYI Fall Centerpiece

I'm kicking off the week with a super EASY do-it-yourself craft.  Not only is this craft easy, but it is cheap!  Especially if you have some of the pieces already.


I made two (one for me and one for my mom), so you will see the supplies for both.

1. 1/2 gallon mason jar
2. Spanish Moss
3. Fall flowers
4. Fall embellishments
5.  1/2 paper towel roll
6. Raffia

The next step...use your imagination!  I used the paper towel roll so my flowers would be more stable.  You do not need to do this.  It just depends on what kind you use.  I used a plastic spoon to hold the roll in the center while I added the moss.  


 I think they turned out cute!  The one on the left is mine and the right is my moms.  Both of these together cost $15 because EVERYTHING was on sale at Hobby Lobby.  You NEVER pay full price at Hobby Lobby.  :)   If you do have a full price item make sure to print off their 40% coupon from the website!

What do you think?  Did my $15 and 30 minutes pay off?  To purchase an already made centerpiece I would be paying way more.  I have found that it pays off to do crafty projects yourself!

This post has been linked up to Frugal Tuesday Tip.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so cute! Definitely worth the time and money.

    I would love for you to link this up at Frugal Thursday Rewind at my site, A Life in Balance. http://alifeinbalance.net

    ReplyDelete