Monday, December 10, 2012

18 Weeks!

I forgot to post my 18 week baby bump.  


Before you ask...yes, there is only one in there.  ;)  

Here is a recap of what has been going on...

I still have not gained any weight!  I know, it is crazy.  I look huge, but no weight has been gained.  My doctor and I have a goal of gaining no more than 20 lbs this pregnancy, so no weight gain right now is fine with her.  

A lot of the no weight gain is because I follow my diabetic diet fairly close.  I eat a lot of fruit, very little red meat, and I am starting to like veggies again.  ;)  I mostly drink water, so that helps as well.  I would be lying if I told you I didn't cave into my Dr. Pepper addiction a couple times a week.  I do.  However, I do not keep the stuff in the house.  If I want a Dr. Pepper I have to go to the gas station and spend the outrageous price for a 20oz bottle.  Due to these guidelines I have implemented on myself, I only have a Dr. Pepper 1-2 times a week.  I have given up all caffeine except for that. 

At my 16 week appointment (I was really 16 weeks 6 days!) I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  All other times they could not find it with the doppler.  It was really hard to find and I couldn't really hear it.  I have also not been feeling the baby move AT ALL.  My doctor confirmed that I have placenta previa. 

I'm not happy about it, but I have hope that everything will work out.  My doctors are keeping a close eye on me and I have been taking it easy.  I still have not gained my energy back, so sleeping is no problem for me!

Before getting pregnant I was on Prilosec.  Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped taking everything.  I then started taking Tums and Zantac.  They did NOTHING for me.  I was so miserable.  My doctor wanted me back on Prilosec and gave me permission to start taking it again.  Oh my!  I am a new person!  I am been eating oranges like crazy because I have missed them so much.  I have not had a single episode of heartburn in over a week and that is a blessing.  

My nausea is worse, so I am taking Zofran everyday.  It works, but not in the mornings when I am rushing to the bathroom the minute I wake up.  I am either going to be one of these 'lucky' women who has morning sickness until 20 weeks, or the entire pregnancy.  Who knows with me!  I have to get up so many times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, so that makes me nauseous and I end up getting sick then as well.

I have been experiencing A LOT of low back pain.  Massage just isn't cutting it, so I will be making a chiropractor appointment soon.

I think that is about it for right now.  Nothing too exciting has been going on.  I will feel better after I can start feeling this baby move!  I go in for my anatomy scan December 21st, so we will hopefully find out the gender!  I also have to do my 1 hour glucose test that day.  Since I am so high risk for diabetes and I failed my hemoglobin a1c, I get to do the GD test at 20 weeks.  :/ 

Any guesses on the gender?  Next time I update will be after my anatomy scan.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment