Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Healthy Smoothies

I absolutely love smoothies.  I love making them in the morning because they are healthy and packed full of protein.  Perfect for keeping baby and me healthy and fueled all morning long.  

There are tons of smoothie recipes out on the world wide web.  Some of them sound amazing to me and some of them sound down right gross.  I thought I would share my favorite smoothie combination with you.


To make two smoothies (one for my husband and I) I use:
 1 cup yogurt (try homemade!)
2 cups frozen fruit (we really like strawberries and blueberries)
2 scoops protein powder (I use this because it tastes the best and isn't gritty like some powders)
2 big handfuls of spinach (yup, I use spinach!  I promise you CANNOT taste it!)
and a splash of milk



Blend everything up until it is smooth and creamy.  

Voila you have the perfect smoothie with out all the added sugars and cost!  Buying smoothies at specialty shops is EXPENSIVE!  I make my own to stay healthy and save money.  :)

The blueberries and spinach are both really high in antioxidants.  Again, I PROMISE you cannot taste the spinach.  :)  This would be a great way to sneak some veggies in your kids diet.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment