Sunday, September 9, 2012

Italian Chicken Veggie Bake

Do you like recipe blogs?  I love recipes blogs and getting new ideas for meals.  This recipe I'm going to show you has been all over Pinterest and I have seen it on YouTube.  It has easily become one of our favorite meals.  

1.  It is EASY to make.
2.  The prep is about 10 minutes.
3.  Easy clean up.
4.  It is freaking delicious! 


Italian Chicken Veggie Bake


 The beauty of this meal is that you can make it however you want!  I am going to share with you what I do, but feel free to change up the portions or veggies.  

Spray your pan with Pam lightly.  Chop up 3 potatoes (add however many you want), 1/2 head of cauliflower, 2 cups fresh green beans, and 3 chicken thighs.  

Roasted cauliflower is one of our favorite veggies, but you could add broccoli, just green beans, brussel sprouts, zucchini...basically whatever you have on hand.  If I am only adding one veggie I cut up about 5 potatoes.  


 After your chopped veggies and chicken are neatly arranged in your pan- melt one stick of butter. 


 Evenly spread butter and Italian seasoning packet all over your creation.  I tried making this with 1/2 a stick butter and it was good, but this is better.  :)  The butter and Italian seasoning meld together to make a wonderful "sauce" after it is cooked.


 Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  After 30 minutes uncover and let finish cooking 15-20 minutes.  Until veggies are tender, chicken is fully cooked, and veggies are a bit brown.


Next, serve up this wonderful meal that literally took you 10 minutes to prep.  I haven't tried it yet, but this would make a great freezer meal/make a head meal.  We absolutely love this because it so versatile and insanely good.  

Let me know if you try it! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm here via your guest post over at Frugal By Choice! You have great ideas and I am definitely going to try the white vinegar dishwasher rinse! As soon as I finish off the little pillows of dishwasher gel, I plan to find something healthier too!
    I also like the simplicity of the above recipe! I would suggest not using spray oil in a can because of the propellants. In fact I recently made the decision not to buy/use them anymore. That said, I hope when I make this recipe and butter or use olive oil to grease the pan I hope clean up isn't too much of a pain! hahah!
    Also, what is in the Italian seasoning packet? I usually have Italian seasoning spice in my cupboard, so will likely just use that.
    This recipe reminds me of "Hobo" meals we used to make when camping...meat, veggies, spice, oil or butter wrapped in foil and thrown on the fire or grill! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know how you like the vinegar. I will try it without the spray next time. The butter should be enough to keep it from sticking. The Italian seasoning packet is found in the dressing isle. I love Italian dressing on my salads and this is cheaper. Just add water, evoo, and your packet and shake in your cruet. I think you could use any seasoning you wanted. I have even made this with pork chops. I just cube them and add them to the pan. It really is a great idea for an easy meal!

    ReplyDelete