Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Toss It ALL In!!!

Do you ever look in your fridge at the end of the week and think "why do I have so much produce left?"  If so, then this post is for you.  I try to stick to our meal plan, but there are times when it just doesn't happen.  Take tonight for example, my mom offered to cook.  Well, that means what I currently have on our meal plan will either be moved or not eaten this week.  That can leave some left over produce in our fridge.

My solution to this...because I HATE wasting food...STIR FRY!  I throw everything in a stir fry and it turns out delicious each and every time.  It is healthy, fast, and can be cheap.  Think stir fry the next time you are given free veggies from a neighbor or relative.  

Doesn't that look healthy and delicious!?!  I also have a little trick to make your stir fry even cheaper.  We love HuHot and their noodles taste great.  I used to buy the Asian noodles at the grocery store, but they were $3-$4 a package.  My solution...one $0.10 package of Ramen Noodles.  I cook the noodles and toss the salt package that comes with them.  NO ONE needs that much salt!  I;m sure there are other ways you could use the salt packet, so let me know what you do with it.  

The cooked Ramen noodles taste just as good as the expensive packs you can buy in the Asian section of your grocery store.  Plus they are a whole lot cheaper.  Now I'm not a huge fan of eating processed food, but we aren't huge rice eaters with our stir fry.  I would rather cook a $.10 pack of Ramen and enjoy my meal vs. wasting the stir fry.  This is also a great alternative to eating at an expensive Chinese restaurant.  Make it yourself and save $$$$.



No comments:

Post a Comment