Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Veggie Wash

Do you know what scares me?  All of these food recalls!  It seems like every time I turn on the news a new fruit, or vegetable is being recalled for some nasty illness.  I think it is so important that people properly wash their produce and cook their meat properly.

Did you know that by running your produce under water isn't doing anything?  I actually had someone tell me they didn't need to wash their produce because it was organic!  Sick!  Think of all the hands touching it before you get it in your house.  People are harvesting it, packaging it, and grocery stores are putting it out for you to buy.  How many people touch that one apple before you buy it?  A lot and I'm pretty sure most of those people did not wash their hands.

I bet you will never guess what I use as an Organic Produce Wash.  I use Basic H2!!!  Yes, the same stuff that cleans my windows now washes my fruits and veggies.  


When I say this stuff is amazing and safe...I'm not joking!  I just fill my sink with some water.  Add 1/4 teaspoon under the water and wash my produce.  Then I rinse and dry them.  



The best part of using Basic H2 is the cost!  Would you rather spend $5 or $0.05?  I think that is a no brainer. 

If you are interested in getting your hands on this versatile cleaner PLEASE let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment